Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Saturday June 6, 2009

First thing in the morning we went to see the Queen at Buckingham Palace, she was not in, and actually we couldn't get that close because the road was blocked off for a parade that we did not wait around to see.  Some people in our team actually saw the Queen in her limo, but we didn't.  Then we went to the Natural History Museum which was blazing hot inside as well as absolutely packed with people.  We sort of cut in line for the dinosaur exhibit, which proved to be a bad idea because we were stuck in there for a long time.  I was not loving it because I wasn't entirely sure if everything in there was real.  I don't want to pay nothing to be crowded and see replicas, am I right?  So we didn't stay too long.  It was there though that I took my last picture ever with my camera, which now lies six feet under.  We took forever to pick a place for lunch and ended up with a sandwich for me, pasta for Phil, and some chips.  We tried to eat it at an empty table at a cafe, but we were literally yelled at so we ate it in a sort of ally and looked homeless.  Our feet were really tired from walking for 2 days so we didn't last too long in the Science Museum, so we went to Victoria Station to wait for our bus.  We got McDonald's ice cream cones which were two for 1 quid and Andrew and I got sushi!  Then our traveling began.  Bus to Gatwick, plane to Dublin, bus to Belfast City, taxi to Lakeside.  It was like 2am when we finally rolled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment